Management of daily operations of the Air and Ocean Export Supervisor department requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. Organize department to ensure excellent customer service and maintain profitability. Set, appraise, and measure individual and team performance standards and productivity. Manage staff development of department through active recruitment, training, and quality management activities. Provide proactive customer service for all clients handled by department. Perform all duties correctly, cost-efficiently, and within Company standards.
Role & responsibility
- Provide responsible supervision and control for all department activities.
- Work with Branch Manager to establish long- and short-term business plans, objectives, and goals for department.
- Manage profitability and growth of department. Review and reconcile all management and financial reports for department.
- Prepare and analyse financial reports, budgets, expense reports, and forecasts for department
- Manage periodic process reviews for each client. Maintain performance statistics.
- Manage staff development through recruitment and training efforts.
- Appraise worker productivity and performance by conducting performance reviews for all staff within department, with respect to recommending promotions or other status changes.
- Investigate and resolve all employee performance problems promptly and in direct accordance with the Human Resources policies of the Company.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines, such as Code of Conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendance requirements.
- Effectively manage any issues that arise within scope of responsibility.
- Identify and communicate to Branch Manager any unresolved issues or risks before they materially impact DSV.
- Work closely with other departments to deliver a high level of service to customers.
- Develop relevant metrics to measure department performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead and manage Export team through influence and persuasion.
- Collaborate closely with regional and local staff to coordinate department activities.
- Provide proper guidance and coaching to teams.
- Deliver results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time.
- Lead resolution of difficult issues through effective negotiation tactics.
- Maintain a high degree of motivation in team to retain focus on providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide ongoing growth and development opportunities for team members.
- Provide input for team member performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Work well in a global environment where client business can span multiple continents
- Work effectively via phone, email, and web conference.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and past customer service experience are required, as work includes extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the export process.
- Excellent written communication skills to compose letters and email regarding logistics problems and proposed resolutions. Must have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports for accuracy and clarity.
- The ability to organize, prepare, and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing and spreadsheets, etc., to generate more elaborate reports, charts, and graphs as applicable.
- The ability to analyse complex details to resolve complex shipping issues for clients.
- The ability to deal effectively in a supervisory capacity, using tact, diplomacy, and negotiation skills.
- Proven effective supervisory skills in the area of staffing, training, and succession planning are required.
Qualifications & requirements
- Emerging track record driving revenue growth
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- Excellent creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated leadership, people and process management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and visual/presentation communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent listener
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international environment – must work well across multiple units across the company
- Both a team builder and a team player
- Must work well under pressure as a self-starter, handling multiple tasks – ability to work across many accounts, projects, and/or issues and prioritize effectively
- Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results
- High Integrity
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Indianapolis