The developer is a key role on a collaborative regional project team, which is responsible for the design and production of reporting, dashboards, and operational tools as requested and prioritized by business. These systems satisfy customer and organizational business requirements and provide solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. This role must understand the business problems and opportunities in order to apply technical skills in the design, development and testing of data flows, applications and systems.
Applies Analytical Thinking:
Proactively applies problem solving and critical-thinking to dissect objectives into actionable steps. Interprets technical, customer or stakeholder objectives. Identifies process improvement opportunities.
Designs feasible, inventive, maintainable, and cost effective solutions to solve a problem or meet a need. Leverages technical and business domain knowledge to make informed design decisions.
Efficiently reads, writes, and tests code that meets requirements, design goals, and development standards. Follows best practices and established processes, uses appropriate tools.
Drives self and team to develop, adopt or grow the appropriate technological solutions. Embraces new technologies and tools and increases technological knowledge and proficiency.
- 3+ or more years of relevant business experience
- Apache Airflow, GitLab, GitHub
- Proficiency in SQL, C# or Angular
- Strong relational database design
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Agile methodology and Scrum framework and practices
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Naturally inquisitive
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program