At CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit – we encourage initiative and we empower our talent to grow in their careers. We are supply chain experts and live and breathe it every day. We offer a broad range of services in Contract Logistics, Air, Ocean and Ground management thanks to our 78,000 employees, operating in more than 160 countries. At CEVA, we are passionate about our work and the value we deliver to our customers and as a company, we are growing at a fast pace – do you Dare to Grow with us?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Warehouse Solutions Design Engineer to join our Solution Design team based in Ashby de la Zouch.
Our Solutions Design team is responsible for growth of contract logistics and ground business through new business wins and the expansion of existing clients through innovation and cost-effective solutions.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
In the role of Warehouse Solutions Design Engineer you will provide experienced analytical support and engage best practice solution design, implementation, costing and presentation for both current and projected business propositions for CEVA customers. This is a highly visible and varied role that will see you playing a pivotal part in designing and implementing warehousing solutions for our customers. Your key responsibilities are to:
- Preparation of warehouse layouts using CAD
- Identifying and proposing innovative storage and picking systems
- Utilising productivity tools to determine headcount and preferred MHE
- Liaising with IT and operations teams to agree optimum warehouse processes
- Undertake solution design projects independently with minimum support from line management and provide thorough, experienced and timely support in data analysis, solution design and testing, costing, implementation, proposal preparation and presentations.
- Initiate the gathering and analysis of information from current and prospective customers to ensure a quality, innovative, cost effective and operationally sound warehouse and/or distribution solution to be designed and presented within required standards and timescales.
- Provide assistance to senior management with the production of internal and external proposals and presentations including producing relevant sections and taking part in presentations as required.
- Conduct solution operational reviews (alongside Business Development Project Manager) to gain operational and financial sign off.
- Ensure completion of all design and analysis tasks in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Constructing cost models and assisting with commercial discussions
- Assisting in contract implementations and other “off site” projects.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent with previous, demonstrable experience gained within a warehouse solution design or operational role across a wide range of market sectors. You will have a thorough understanding of warehouse operations and will have previously used CAD to prepare warehouse layouts. Competence in using assorted modelling software and exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills are also key requirements for this role.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave entitlement with a fantastic holiday buy scheme, pension and life assurance along with access to an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and money off vouchers for a diverse range of retail, travel and hospitality brands. There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then please do get in touch to find your next role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. Join CEVA for a challenging career.