- Salary Offer £32000
About the Role
The role will demonstrate excellent understanding of the way the John Good Group works along with the sector it operates in, as you’ll be helping the organisation to develop its processes and systems to meet business expectations and need. You will need to gather knowledge on the capabilities and limitations of IT systems that John Good uses in order to offer feasible solutions that can improve process. High quality documentation will be required.
This role will be responsible for providing assistance and support in the development of solutions to improve process and systems within John Good. Gathering knowledge of IT system capability, the role will also be involved in securing buy in of new solutions and reviewing their overall effectiveness. You will be expected to use initiative to put forward options and ideas for projects and solutions, looking constantly for opportunities for improvement that can add value to the business.
Responsible to the Head of IT but directed by a Team Leader this role will work with users internally along with the appropriate external contacts to gather knowledge to assist with the development of solutions.
• Become knowledgeable across a range of IT Systems and operational processes.
• Be able to translate technical documentation into understandable business requirements.
• Ensure project and solution documentation is created and maintained to ensure scope and impact of projects and solutions can be evaluated and measured.
• Use version control where necessary to map changes in original requirements.
• Analyse existing operational processes, map them, evaluate and offer solutions on improvements, taking into account risk and benefit.
• Be able to present a future-state vision of what processes could, or should look like.
• Be able to offer views on prioritisation of solutions based on measurable business impact or efficiencies.
• Provide support for creation of dashboards to facilitate internal or external data access and insights.
• Complete testing / assist with internal training of new systems / processes across John Good Logistics Offices
• All activities undertaking with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions
• Experience of data insight products such as Qlik or PowerBI – Desirable
• Technical and operational knowledge of various 3PL systems, specifically CargoWise – Essential
• Excellent attention to detail – Essential
• Good communication skills – Essential
• Problem solver – Essential
• Can do attitude – Essential
• Company Pension Scheme
• 25 days Holidays excluding Bank Holidays
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-2