- Salary Offer £75,000
Logistics done differently.
Are you an experienced logistics leader ideally from a retail or eCommerce background looking for your next step? XPO Logistics are looking for a Site Manager to come in and lead our eCommerce contract with recently opened site on behalf of Amazon in Rugby.
With the support of your Senior Operations Manager at site, you’ll ensure the smooth running of the site on a day-to-day basis. The site is a 24 hour operation with both inbound and outbound activity. You’ll work 37.5 hours per week, usually across Monday to Friday, but given that this is logistics, you’ll need to be flexible in your approach.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer you a alary of up to £75,000 per annum on top of a generous benefits package, including company car allowance, private family healthcare entitlement and performance-related bonus. In addition, we offer 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays). You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks. Moreover, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow an international operation and to really make a name for yourself in driving change in a well-established site.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Be responsible for the operational and financial performance of the entire site
- Build a strong relationship with and work closely alongside our customer, Amazon, to deliver continuous improvement and growth activity across the operation
- Manage the site headcount of c.400 heads, KPIs and budget, ensuring that we’re operating within our set SLAs always
- Promote a positive culture, with a focus on engagement, talent pipelining and embodying the XPO values
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- A proven track record of managing a large, fast-paced logistics operation, preferably in a 3PL environment
- Solid operational understanding, including health & safety, P&L and continuous improvement
- A forward-thinking, innovative approach with the confidence to make calculated business decisions in the name of operational excellence
- Experience of driving productivity improvements in a mixed MHE and people environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.