The Shipping Representative I performs various shipping and inventory responsibilities. The role uses available resources to meet warehouse operations expectations in a Team Member friendly environment. The position assists the Distribution Services Manager and Assistant Manager in meeting corporate and departmental goals.
General duties & responsibilities
- Perform duties such as picking, inventory replenishment, packing, cycle counts, truck loading/unloading and other warehouse work as assigned
- Adhere to all procedures and policies for FedEx Office Distribution Services (ODS) and FedEx Office (FXO), including standards related to speed, accuracy and other productivity measures
- Operate scanning equipment and may use other technology solutions to achieve established goals
- Attend daily operational meetings
- Maintain a clean and safe work area including the upkeep and operation of material handling equipment and company property
- Maintain safety standards and regulations set forth by OSHA, DOT, FXO’s Safety Team and local requirements
- Provide feedback to Operations Management team and/or Shipping Rep II regarding warehouse operations, ideas to reduce waste and recycle and opportunities to improve overall efficiency
- Assist Shipping Representative II with the orientation and training of new co-workers to FedEx Office People, Service, Profit philosophy and FedEx Office Distribution Services (ODS) warehouse operations policies and procedures
- Attend assigned training including but not limited to compliance, fire safety, forklift training, new products and new equipment
- Maintain product knowledge in a changing environment where new products are regularly introduced
- Identify and report inaccuracies or discrepancies to a Shipping Representative II such as incorrect weights, dimensions, units of measure or case/item pack designations
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum qualifications & requirements
- High School diploma / GED or equivalent experience
- 1+ years general work experience
- Proven team player able to contribute to problem solving situations
- Self-starter with good time management skills
- Experience with distribution center systems, operations, equipment, and workflow management preferred
- Microsoft Office application experience a plus
- Forklift certification a plus
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
- Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Greensboro