Logistics done differently.
We’re looking for a Senior Transport Operator to join our Mitsubishi contract on a full-time, permanent basis. We’re not looking for someone to tick every box listed below, but we are looking for someone that is familiar with a transport environment that is accustomed to managing KPIs with a team.
Does this sound like you? If so, read on, this could be the next career step for you!
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to pay a salary of £25,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other benefits.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- As mentioned above, you’ll be required to monitor performance against set KPIs and advise our customers of issues that are effecting time completion, along with suitable resolutions to those issues
- You will ensure that the vision and the message for the day is communicated to the office teams and drivers, whilst communicating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that collections and deliveries are consistent with internal performance targets
- Day-to-day you will manage compliance activity for the client, ensuring events are booked within timeframes stipulated in the SLAs – accuracy is important for this role, do you have a keen eye for detail?
- A large part of your role will be to delegate work out evenly between the workforce whilst ensuring that all day-to-day operational activities are completed, including manifests
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- If you’re from a supply chain background this would be a huge plus, although we’ll consider applicants from other fast-paced environments
- You’ll need to have some exposure of working towards a culture of safety in a previous role, an active part in this will really help your application – safety is one of our values, you need to live and breathe this
- A positive attitude is a MUST – we work hard, so we need to make sure we love the environment we work in and make sure this flows throughout our workforce, do you have experience of encouraging this with your teams?
Be part of something big. #LI-DL1
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.