Pay, benefits and more
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day
- Research over, short and damaged freight (including refused and undelivered freight); process related documentation and resolve errors for quick customer resolution and claim prevention
- Communicate with customers, operations and vendors as necessary to resolve issues around shipments identified as over, short, damaged, refused or stranded.
- Effectively use tools related to matching freight, documenting shipment dispositions, etc
- Develop strong relationships with operational teams at the service center(s) to solve recurring issues
- Monitor controls of paperwork and processes that impact claims such as timely communication of exceptions on shipper loaded trailers and proper handling of PODs.
- Track and maintain detailed records for all hazmat to ensure that physical inventory matches electronic inventory; work directly with vendors to ensure that pick-up and disposal of spills and related documentation meets all EPA and OSHA standards.
- Bill shipments pursuant to applicable tariffs and pricing agreements
- Work with Cargo Claims Team to ensure specific tasks are completed on daily basis to prevent claims
What you need to succeed at XPO
At a minimum, you’ll need
- 2 year of operational experience in transportation, warehousing or similar field
- Strong critical thinking and planning ability; flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to dive into the details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate information in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong computer, typing and 10-key skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
It’d be great if you also have
- At least 1 year of experience in OS&D
- Knowledge of hazardous materials regulations
This job requires the ability to
- Walk and/or stand for extended periods, up to 4 hours at a time, on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Saint Louis