The Senior Sales Training Manager is responsible for managing a wide range of enablement programs that promote sales readiness and overall sales effectiveness, including but not limited to, learning & development (product training and skill development), new hire onboarding, communication, cross-functional collaboration, performance management and coaching facilitation.
- Design and implement onboarding and readiness learning paths for all selling roles, including continuous learning.
- Design and curate readiness packages for sales activities, product specific needs and campaigns which include Brainshark curriculum, coaching challenges, instructor led training and supporting assets created in conjunction with subject matter experts and Marketing.
- Gather and analyze data on sales activities from Salesforce.com, Brainshark, and other tools to determine areas of improvement in the sales process, as well as individual training needs.
- Collaborate with Product and other internal stakeholders to develop and rollout trainings as needed or in line with new/existing/evolving business needs.
- Work with BD leadership team to develop, curate and sustain changes that improve sales metrics from quarter to quarter.
- Attend sales staff meetings as appropriate to identify gaps, gather requirements and brief teams on offerings.
- Evaluate expansion of Brainshark to the CMA-CGM organization, facilitating X-Sell learning and development needs and to accelerate the overall effectiveness of these joint efforts.
- Create and manage a Sales Enablement calendar to balance appropriate learning & development and other initiative rollouts.
- Assist in the development of presentation materials for all programs.
- Help to grow and improve our curriculum for onboarding and certification programs
- Compile survey feedback to determine actionable items for delivery of future programs.
- Refresh training and content to not only sure accessibility, but up-to-date relevance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum ten years industry experience preferred.
Languages and Communication Skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Computer literate
- Advanced proficiency level in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of the transportation industry and familiarity with industry leaders and competitors.
- In-depth knowledge of all of the company’s products, services, systems and operations.
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently. Project management skills and experience desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of organizations, including senior level executives.
- Demonstrated skills in organization group process, problem identification and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Requires positive, competitive, confident personality with strongly developed persuasive skills and a customer-focused orientation.
- Uncompromised integrity.