Duties & Responsibilities
- Win, retain and develop medium-sized Business Customers through sales “hunting” activity, correctly assessing the prospective account as Profitable, Significant or Strategic in order to secure winning bids.
- Maximize sales growth from existing customers through the development of new sales, product marketing, and customer support strategies; and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned area(s) of the business.
- Build rapport and trust with customers by being informed about customer’s business and the market and support customer retention through collaboration with all resources including our Product teams, Trade Lane Managers, other sales channels, and local Station Management.
- Recommend solutions based on customer needs by using industry knowledge
- Engage in organizing and supporting customer workshops intended to share information across diverse subjects such as Import brokerage compliance regulations, new product offerings, and other training intended to benefit the client
- Use networks within the various Sales channels within Deutsche Post DHL to collaborate on customers, marketing strategies and offers a full supply chain of services to service customer needs
- Collect relevant customer information for the RFI/RFP/RFQ and prepare documents for customer implementation in order to ensure proper operational handover and implementation to meet customer expectations
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing CRM daily
Your skills & experience
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years field sales in freight forwarding or two years of operational experience.
- 5+ year of Sales Experience (international logistics sales preferred)
- Experience with logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Solid PC operational knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience
- Knowledge of international commercial transportation (air and ocean freight required)
- Bachelor degree desired
- Outgoing, upbeat and resourceful personality!
- Ability to manoeuvre through a global network to ensure best customer service
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Plainfield