OIA Global Since its founding in 1988, OIA Global has grown into a $1 billion world-class logistics and packaging company that employs over 1,200 professionals in 28 countries. Our knowledge, solution design experience, and installed infrastructure give our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets.
The Senior Regional Business Development Manager is responsible for promoting and selling OIA Global products and services, at sales office or customer’s place of business, to customers who utilize any or all transportation methods for the movement of their product. Qualified candidates must be able to identify and provide solutions for the transportation needs of customers and prospects. Must be innovative, intuitive, responsive, organized and analytical. Must possess solid sales fundamentals to include presentation skills, account analysis and development, and sales prospecting. Encompasses the ability to positively influence team members, offer guidance and lead special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains long term strategic relationships with customers
- Identifies and compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet, and other sources
- Qualifies customers and prospects to determine strategic plans and service requirements
- Provides weekly Sales Reports to the VP Global Sales, Corporate Sales Director, Sales Coordinator, Marketing & Business Development, Rate Administrator, and Branch Managers.
- Investigates all sales leads as provided by the Corporate Sales Office and OIA International Agent to include timely written follow-up
- Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit additional business and/or present OIA services
- Create and present formal presentations representing OIA and its service capabilities
- Coordinates and assists with customer implementation and on-going maintenance, including the coordination of customer training
- Quotes prices and credit terms for business obtained
- Completes Account Profile and routes to appropriate branch office and other OIA personnel as designated
- Works with Corporate Sales Administration and Marketing & Business Development personnel to keep account activities and literature up to date
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expenses accounts
- Assists with maintaining the Customer & Prospect database.
- Investigates and facilitates resolution of customer problems with shipment/deliveries.
- Manage special projects and participate in Beta Test programs to offer feedback and insight
- Extend time and effort to help support needs of the team based on experience, success and time with the company.
- Assist manager with meetings and events when needed.
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be innovative, intuitive, responsive, organized and analytical. Must possess solid sales fundamentals to include presentation skills, account analysis and development, and sales prospecting
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required
- Proven sales territory success, negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of international freight forwarding operations and warehousing/distribution required
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of accounting, logistics, pricing and informational technology
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of air/ocean freight forwarding sales and international logistics.
- Experience in Transpacific and Intra-Asia preferred
- Proven sales territory success, negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, particularly luggage while traveling.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.