Logistics done differently.
Are you looking for a new challenge in 2021? We are embarking on a large-scale programme of works for our Drinks logistics business unit implementing changes in relation to IT systems, distribution network infra-structure and changes in ways of working. We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team on a 2 year fixed term contract. Is that you?
You’ll apply your project and programme management expertise, skills, tools and techniques to the project. Due to the fast pace of the overall programme, the ability to continuously demonstrate control, analytical and problem solving skills are essential to ensure progress can be continuously evidenced. You’ll be delivering a large and complex project across the UK ensuring delivery is within scope, budget and timelines. Based in the Midlands area the role will require travel to various sites across the UK.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £70,000 per annum, depending on experience. In addition, we are offering a company car/ car allowance. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Smooth delivery of work streams and projects within the programme, achieving deadlines and deliverables on time, within the budget and the required scope
- Project management of both business and technical projects, including alignment to key project phases such as requirements, testing, UAT and training
- Leading and motivating the project and programme work streams including the delivery teams
- Capturing and documenting the project requirements and outcomes in order estimate required resources and timelines
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Extensive experience of delivering large scale and complex projects and/ or programmes within the logistics industry. Exposure to HR processes including TUPE would be advantageous
- A strong track record of leading the delivery of measurable value projects against time and budget constraints
- A Prince2 qualification or similar along with SAP 4 Hana implementations
- A structured and methodical approach with meticulous attention to detail
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.