What will you enjoy doing (duties/tasks)
- Manage and direct the overall sales, operations and service functions on a daily basis
- Profit and loss responsibility for the assigned area.
- Perform all administrative and financial functions associated with the area’s activities
- Improves productivity in sales and operations
- Monitor vendor compliance to company performance standards
- Enforce security of freight in compliance with security policy
- Ensure safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
- Select and place staff, ensure staff receives training for their job activities, and define specific job assignments.
- Manage and monitor performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
- Establish and maintain positive employee relations and promotes excellent internal communication.
- Oversee implementation of affirmative action programs as required
What you need to succeed (Qualifications, experience, skills, attributes)
- This is a Sr. director-level position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Generally prefer 8+ years of related management experience and 10+ years experience in sales or operations.
- Why You will Love DB Schenker
- Many of our jobs come with great benefits-including healthcare, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Earn up to 3 weeks’ Vacation over the course of your first year + Holidays + Sick Days
- Full Health Insurance on day one (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Career Advancement. We are strong believers in continual training and development for our people. Your success is our success
- Your Safety is important to us, so we will provide protective gear
- Health Advocacy support for you and your family
- Employee discounts
- Company Paid life insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) option
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta