Position Description Summary
- Responsible for coordinating the export and movement of cargo for clients, including the management and distribution of documents and information related to the export function.
- Provide customer support to all vendors, suppliers, agents and government agencies to facilitate the export objective while ensuring accurate accounting functions relating to the billing, distribution and collection of funds.
- Timely preparation of all required documentation (Letter of credit, Ocean Bill of Lading, Service Report Log, etc) for export functions.
- Ensure that export process is in compliance with company and industry quality assurance standards (ISO, Customs, etc.).
- Issue statistical or detailed reporting for customers as requested.
- Maintain and update CMP, rate sheets, etc.
- Initial setup of export shipments.
- Preparation of sales credit and CMP check.
- Booking & coordination of most cost effective and efficient means to export goods within customers requirements.
- Data entry.
- Billing of services.
- Process and correct miscellaneous accounting issues.
- Ensure the customer is provided excellent service throughout the export process including quick response to inquiries and problem resolution.
- Close shipments and filing. The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills
- This is a senior level position.
- Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards including UCP500 and Incoterms
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Romulus