This position empowers you to build on the success of our Contract Logistics Group by managing a team and implementing best practices that ultimately benefits our clients. This Senior Manager oversees and coordinates operational activities for organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations. Maximizes profits, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Responsible for implementation and administration of company policies, budgets and developing long range goals and objectives. Identifies and implements best practices across shifts.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, labor plan/labor cost and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Analyzes department budget to identify variances and potential reductions (i.e. Supplies, Labor, Space) and allocates operating budget. Supports all financial reporting.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Executes, monitors, and enhances safety and security procedures to ensure a safe work environment and reduce all safety related occurrences. Supports Kaizen and Quality initiatives.
- Interfaces with customer to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements and requests.
- Participates in the implementation of new customers to include but not limited to; assisting in determining rate schedule, planning required manpower to meet Service Level agreements, writing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Provides consultation and analyses for contract negotiations.
- Conducts studies in areas of packaging, warehousing, and loading of commodities and evaluates existing procedures and standards
- Leads/organizes special projects as required.
- Provides direction to subordinate managers who supervise a mixture of non-exempt employees and temporary hourly associates. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and performance and productivity evaluation of 3+ shifts.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policy and regulatory and legal requirements. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years contract logistics, warehousing, or logistics related experience at a management level
- Prior experience with P&L management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team and meet established goals .
- Solutions oriented with the ability to propose new solutions and/or resolve customer issues
- Proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- High level of organizational and time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.