- Responsible for managing all facets of Operational Excellence for the Region driving execution to deliver results across the countries and sites.
- Responsible for the execution of Operational Excellence programs. Drives the improvement of operational and functional processes to increase efficiencies, maximize productivities, reduce costs, improve quality & service, train & audit to the Operational Standards & site Standards, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Creates a collaborative community & acts as SME for Ops Excellence.
- Aligns with corresponding other Region and Global functions.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Management of the Operational Excellence programs, aligned with the Company’s strategy and objectives, to support the delivery of the expected results.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for improvement through financial and performance analysis, seeking out and eliminating waste across operations and functions.
- Act as a change agent who can influence the organization and drive rapid positive changes. Drives awareness and culture of continuous improvement, quality management, environmental & sustainability, shared knowledge, and operational excellence.
- Facilitation and/or project management of required action plans to achieve the identified improvements, providing visibility, reporting and appropriate escalation to Operational and Functional leadership. Verify actions and results to ensure accountability, value, validation, and recognition.
- Leads cross functional teams through training, workshops, audits, kaizen events and the implementation of the lean toolset, fostering a lean mindset and culture to achieve results and communication of the value propositions.
- Optimize operations and functions, recognize inefficiencies and opportunities and work with appropriate personnel on solutions to maximize productivity, quality, service, and culture.
- Instil a culture of problem-solving and root cause analysis throughout the Organization. Enable utilization of the appropriate problem-solving methodology and toolset through training, coaching, resource management, professional development, and ongoing communications.
- Perform advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, perform cost analysis, developing the return on investment (ROI) to determine improvement project feasibility and validation.
- Develop internal and external benchmarking, analysis, target setting, and publishing of key performance indicators (KPI).
- Provides training, mentoring, coaching and guidance on Operations Excellence tools and methodologies across operations and functions.
- Collaboration and development of Operational Standards and Certification program evolution of SOPs, toolkits, content, process improvement, audits, and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 3-10 years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering, Business Management Consulting, and/or Customer Success Management.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation/speaking, emotional intelligence, DEI, leadership and change management skills.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills driving continuous improvement, corrective and preventative actions, and ability to ingrain a lean culture as a dedicated practitioner.
- Attention to detail with ability to think strategically is a plus.
- Project/Program management experience with the ability to lead/do to meet deadlines, budget, quality, operational service levels, and customer success.
- Preferred candidates would possess some or all the following: Certifications: PMP, CSCP, CPIM, CLDM, Lean, Six Sigma (green/black belt)
- The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Miami