The Sr. Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and managing requests from customers, with the goal of meeting and exceeding customer expectations, while accurately tracking various shipment pick-ups to their final deliveries. The ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment is critical. Execution of job duties will require a team-oriented individual that is customer service focused, and able to obtain a strong knowledge of systems and vendor capabilities. This individual will be an integral part of the coordination of transportation and operations for DSV Road Transport contractors, company drivers and customers.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Works closely with team members to meet or exceed all customer service requirements.
- Develops and maintains positive customer, contractor & company driver relationships.
- Works directly with customers on the receipt and processing of transportation requests.
- Creates quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation companies to use if Road Transport company drivers or contractors are not available, and setting profit margins for individual shipments.
- Utilizes various transportation software systems to facilitate material movement, planning and scheduling.
- Provides directions and sets pricing guidelines for other representatives.
- Handles dispatch with contractors, company drivers and partner carriers.
- Tracks and traces shipments from pick-up through delivery to ensure accurate and up-to-date shipment information is being provided to customers.
- Ensures problem resolution; including identifying issues, applying critical thinking to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
- Responsible for accurate data capture and system entry.
- Communicates effectively with customers, contractors, company drivers, partner carriers and team members.
- Promotes the DSV Road Transport brand.
- Assists with new account start-ups.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all domestic and international shipping regulations and compliance.
Minimum required qualifications
- 2 years’ experience in a logistics, customer service or related field.
- High school diploma or GED
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Proficient typing and PC Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint etc.)
- English (reading, writing, and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal communication with the ability to adapt to and work within a team environment.
- Superior attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours when required.
- Willing to make and meet commitments.
- College degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- 3 year prior logistics experience
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Dallas