Logistics done differently.
Are you currently working as an HR Manager in a fast-paced business? Are you feeling a little stagnant in your current role and are looking for something new and exciting to challenge you? Or maybe you’re looking for your next step into a Senior HR Manager role that’s offering you the opportunity to really make your mark?
We have been successfully awarded a contract with a large blue-chip online retailer and will be opening a new purpose-built fulfilment centre in the Tamworth region. The site is several hundred thousand square feet and will employ numerous people across a variety of functions. We are looking for a Senior HR Manager to lead on the design and delivery of a holistic and integrated HR service, with a primary focus on supporting the delivery of a comprehensive people plan, aligned to site and XPO HR objectives.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £50,000 per annum, plus a generous car allowance. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Align people-related policies and processes to ensure legal compliance and the successful delivery of the site people plan
- Support the establishment of the required leadership standards and capability at all levels of the business via leadership development; management training; succession planning etc
- Provide proactive support and advice across the full spectrum of employee relations and employment law, including grievance, discipline, dismissal, TUPE and welfare issues
- Manage and oversee the HR, L&D and payroll teams, encouraging them to constantly review and streamline processes to ensure the departments are working as efficiently as possible
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- CIPD qualified with experience at a minimum of HR Manager level
- Strong knowledge of employment law, HR Policy, practice, employee relations and change management approaches
- Excellent communicator across several boundaries and the ability to build rapport with key stakeholders
- The ability to effectively manage a team consisting of both direct and indirect reports
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.