- Salary offer ▵ Circa $55,000 - $65,000
Senior Export Agent in College Park, GA
Salary: Circa $55,000 – $65,000
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, 401K PTO: vacation, sick, all major holidays
The Senior Agent, Exports is responsible for overseeing Export Agents I+II and managing processes that support the customer’s export needs. The position is responsible for ensuring cost effective export operations, timely service by applying knowledge of laws, regulations, governing agencies, procedures, audits, programs, and practices. The Sr. Agent is the right-hand to the Supervisor and is his/her back-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities as a Senior Export Agent:
- Overseas all functions of the Perishable team, prioritizing work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring optimum efficiency of all Export activities.
- Assist in daily export activities including: completing all required export documents, making decisions on best routing and obtaining best rates and space from carriers, reviewing customer volumes and ensuring all transactions are processed accurately and timely, incl. final billing.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of customers’ needs. Monitors communications with assigned customers, responds promptly to customer requirements, concerns and issues and resolves issues related to all anomalies that interfere with the timely delivery of the customer’s product.
- Performs routine audits and ‘closes the file’, ensuring rates charged are accurate, compliance and recordkeeping requirements are met. Institutes corrective action and ensures errors are resolved.
- Calculate the appropriate ULD size for each shipment (Perishables) and Dry Ice amounts needed
- Understand all Cool-chain requirements for all ‘temperature controlled’ type of cargo.
- Understanding the rules and regulations of IATA Dangerous Goods.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of Export experience in the freight forwarding industry is required.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have prior training and experience in handling hazardous goods.
- Must have knowledge of export administration regulations and regulations – TSA, IATA , HAZMAT
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely. Be able to present one’s self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
Thank you for your interests, if you think this role of a Senior Export Agent is for you, please apply below.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD