If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
The primary duty of the Customs Broker is to classify imported goods and to process complex import transactions, including all related activities, for an assigned base of accounts. The Customs Broker is expected to perform all duties correctly, cost-efficiently and in compliance with Company standards. This position is exempt and will report to the Branch Manager.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Classify import items and notify Customs to determine appropriate import duties.
- Train and advise team members in areas of Customs regulations, classification and valuation.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in all areas of U.S. Customs regulations, including customs clearance processes, classification and valuation. Perform regular review of trade publications as well as attend all (CBP) customs sponsored seminars in assigned area.
- Perform audit review on all assigned brokerage files and payments to customs.
- Maintain and keep current all customs compliance documentation.
- Initiate and develop written procedures, as assigned, for handling each account served by the team, including billing ,classifications, valuation rules, schedule of fees, Customs correspondence, post entry process, and any other related information. Manage the appropriate databases to reflect these procedures.
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex import transactions for an assigned base of accounts, including the classification and valuation of goods.
- Process documents through the Company’s ABI system, obtaining Customs release and other government agency releases as appropriate. Arrange both delivery and the invoicing of the import account for services rendered.
- Review and monitor all Customs rejections, requests for information for clients and any other government agency, and other correspondence.
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
- Communicate with clients, co-workers, and supervisors in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service, under the limited supervision and advice of the department Supervisor or Manager, by proactively informing clients of the status of shipments and referring clients to a higher – level authority when questions are beyond scope of responsibility.
- May identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- May provide input on team performance as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines, such as the Code of Conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendance requirements.
- If DSV University systems training has been completed, employee may be required to train new employees in systems, at branch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully complete, or have completed, all courses applicable to the position at DSV University.
- Must successfully complete, or have completed, on-site systems training by a qualified team member.
- Actively improve knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations regarding Customs Brokers and the Customs clearance process, classification and valuation rules through self-study, regular review of trade publications, and attendance at all approved external seminars and at applicable courses and seminars presented or assigned by the Company.
JOB SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Very good verbal communication skills and past customer service experience are required, as work includes extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the import process.
- Very good written communication skills to compose complex letters regarding Customs problems and proposed resolutions. Must have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports.
- The ability to organize, prepare, and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing, spreadsheets, etc., to generate more elaborate reports, charts, and graphs as applicable.
- The ability to perform the functions of an Import Specialist I, II, or III as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Very good communication skills
- Very good judgment
- High integrity
- Very good problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to multi-task
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to be a team player
- The ability to establish priorities and meet goals
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years increasingly responsible international transportation industry experience preferred and a minimum of two years of college courses in supply chain logistics, international transportation, or a related field of study preferred.
- Broker’s License- MANDATORY
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.