DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Airfreight Manager to manage our daily operations. This position will be based at our Kansas City, MO location.
- Coordinates all transactional operations (Air Export / Import and Customs activities), adhering to regulations and internal procedures
- Manages Team Agents, Specialists and leaders
- Oversees execution of desk-level functions (such as file processing and customer service) to support staff during high-volume periods, vacations, etc.
- Ensures all Operations teams meet customer requirements and takes corrective actions in case of deviations from requirements
- Provides guidelines to Export, Import and Gateway to ensure transactional operations are consistent with group business strategy and compliant with the local business environment
- Monitors quality and adherence to standards and is responsible for constant improvement and optimization of product means
- Develops a high performance service culture within the Export and Import Departments
- Ensures realization of budgetary performance by setting and monitoring clear objectives
- Manages interface with Customer Service, Product, and Global Service Centers as required
Skills / Requirements
- 5+ years of Freight Forwarding Airfreight experience required. Ocean freight and customs brokerage experience a plus
- 1+ years’ experience of leadership in a freight forwarding environment required
- Experience using the CargoWise software is a plus
- BA/BS preferred
- Commercial (sales) experience is a plus
- Proven track record in people management role (leadership, motivation and people skills)
- Positive attitude with a commitment to quality
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role