Position Description Summary
- Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments.
- Review contracts for required clauses and identifies omissions.
- Interface with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
- Select carrier/forwarder for shipment of products and prepares documents for freight forwarders. Accurately perform all accounting functions related to the billing, distribution and collection of funds for the client’s cargo.
- Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
- Rate and route international traffic
- Follow up with customers to resolve inquires
- Prepare, route, and cut air bills and manifests
- Correct billings and issue debit and credit memos for customers
- Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to gateways
- Expedite inbound import traffic to facilitate customs clearance
- Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
- Maintain close liaison with the U.S. Customs Service and for various specialized U.S. Customs clearance requirements.
- Key in U.S. Customs entry line items into the Import CHB Computer System and submit entry to customs.
- Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
- Researching and resolving operational problems.
- Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed. The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge & Skills
- This is a senior level position.
- Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Romulus