- Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
- Rate and route international traffic
- Follow up with customers to resolve inquires
- Prepare, route, and cut air bills and manifests
- Correct billings and issue debit and credit memos for customers
- Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to gateways
- Expedite inbound import traffic to facilitate customs clearance
- Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
- Maintain close liaison with the U.S. Customs Service and for various specialized U.S. Customs clearance requirements.
- Key in
- U.S. Customs entry line items into the Import CHB Computer System and submit entry to customs.
- Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
- Researching and resolving operational problems.
- Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed.
- Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge & Skills
- This is a senior level position.
- Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Dallas