DB Schenker, USA
Senior Air Export Gateway Coordinator – Schaumburg – USA
Position Description Summary
- Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments.
- Review contracts for required clauses and identify omissions.
- Provide customer support at the desk level to all internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, agents and government agencies to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
- Select carrier to be used for shipment and prepare documents for carrier.
- Prepare spot price quotations for branch air export departments upon request
- Route and book air export traffic
- Communicate daily with branch air export staff to resolve shipment discrepancies
- Prepare gateway consolidation files
- Initiate, prepare, process and assemble all required airline documentation for a consolidation
- Consolidate cargo to achieve the best net cost and benefit to the company (ULD building, Density and volume mix etc’)
- Rate airline MAWBs correctly taking advantage of special contracts.
- Manage work load to ensure readiness and delivery of cargo and documentation to the airline by the flight cutoff
- Perform track and trace functions and update files with events and “flown as booked” information
- Initiate airline claim process for damaged and lost cargo as needed
- Negotiate spot rates with airlines
- Help research and resolve operational problems
- Assist management in maintaining flight / consolidation schedule
- Assist management in file reconciliation process
- Understand company accounting principles and job costing
- Monitor and maintain allocations with airline partners
- Assist in training of new or less experienced gateway staff members
- Display leadership skills and lead by example to foster positive environment and relationships with branch air export departments
- Other duties as assigned The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge & Skills
- This is a senior level position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience .
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Schaumburg