Shipwire is an award-winning cloud based SaaS delivery platform providing clients with global commerce through our extensive partner network and over 150 distribution centers in more than 50 countries around the world. As a Senior Accountant you’ll have no shortage of interesting and challenging projects.
What are you going to do?
- Incumbents in this job family have responsibilities encompassing one or more areas of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and/or Billing.
- Responsible for processing receivables, ensuring timely and accurate charge entries including Intercompany transaction and preparing settlements and reconciled with partners.
- Prepare and maintain accounts and records in various accounting functions including balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Collects and analyses financial data and prepares reports and recommendations.
- Knowledge in Fixed Assets and how to apply IFRS16 transactions
- Prepares income and balance sheet, profit and loss, consolidated and other accounting statements.
- Codes, enters and prepares invoices, and responds to customer and vendor inquiries.
- Be able to draft general entry correctly per transaction level.
- Reviews invoices and ensures proper approvals and control in place.
- Analyses account performance and makes recommendations to release orders on past due accounts and investigates bankruptcy claims.
- Maintains records and files and generates related reports.
- Management Adhoc reporting
- Ensures procedures and internal controls are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives.
What are we looking for?
- BS or higher in Accounting
- 5+ years professional accounting experience. Seasoned professional individual contributor. Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems.
- Works independently with limited supervision.
- Intermediate or upper level in Excel Skills
- Hyperion or One Stream experience
- Be able to drill down to details and provide analytical analysis
- May manage projects/processes.
- A quick learner in the fast-paced environment
- Problems solving skills when transactions are difficult and often complex.
- Assist controller and team with aspects of their job when it is needed.
- Be able to draft general entry correctly per transaction level
What do we have to offer?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Santa Clara