As a Senior Account Manager on our Global Forwarding team, you will be a trusted logistics advisor to companies around the world, providing transportation solutions to support their supply chain needs. With a comprehensive portfolio of logistics services, a global technology platform, and the support of a broad network of supply chain experts, you will have the tools and resources you need to help your customers optimize their supply chain. You will proactively reach out to key stakeholders within your customers’ organizations, identify and sell innovative solutions and services to drive continuous improvement and help our customers work smarter. You will solve challenging customer issues and provide an overall exceptional customer experience.
We are looking for a driven, forward-thinking individual who will manage a select group of accounts, build strong relationships, and establishing your credibility as a trusted advisor. You will be empowered to manage and grow existing accounts by bringing forth new services or modes and/or expanding on existing services offered, with a focus on increasing efficiency, adding value, and maximizing profitability through the account’s supply chain.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice
- Builds credible and personalized relationships at multiple levels across functional departments within the customer supply chain.
- Leverages network SMEs to collaborate on the solution and pipeline development of product, mode, or service line opportunities.
- Expands market share by driving an active opportunity pipeline and qualification process in CRM, and when applicable collaborate with additional resources to identify and drive market share expansion.
- Conducts regular business reviews, leveraging internal data and market intelligence to gain customer insights, and understand positive and negative trends in data, to uncover new opportunities for growth, increase sales, and retain and grow the business by presenting strategic solutions to customers.
- Proactively manages customer pricing strategy by leveraging internal tech, tools, and SMEs.
- Owns successful account strategy including RFP, proposal, and award management through a clear understanding of customer buying habits and CHRs position within the customer’s supply chain.
- Analyzes and shares customer specific data, requirements, and expectations with internal resources to collaboratively create workable supply chain solutions for customers.
- Consistently pursues personal development opportunities to expand understanding of Robinson’s modes, services, and technology.
- Create and manage to Account SOP.
- Manages conflict and navigates difficult conversations with the customer, using tact and diplomacy.
- Targets and manages road map toward continuous improvement for their customers.
- Stays informed of changes within the customers’ business, industry, and sector; applies that knowledge to identify new opportunities.
- Collaborates and actively communicates with partners with operations and product teams to identify strategic solutions for complex issues.
- Acts as an advocate for customers, internally conveying customer-specific needs across the organization to ensure proper alignment and prioritization of resources.
- Manages to customer performance expectations by ensuring quality execution against collaborating with internal partners to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Accountable to customer feedback, inclusive but not limited to NPS survey corrective response action planning.
Efficiency & Financial Accountability:
- Proactive review of financial results, volume, and service performance reports and to monitor and drive account health.
- Identifies and implements solutions to champion process improvement and cost avoidance for customer.
- Understands negotiated payment terms and ensures AR processes are adhered to.
- Regularly reviews AR dashboard and ensures timely action is taken with customers.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 years of Global Forwarding experience or Account Management experience in the logistics industry or field
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Self-driven, results – orientated individual with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and business profitability
- Strong orientation towards growth, sales relationship building, negotiation, and financial acumen, developing long-term relationships with customers
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of CHRW’s service portfolio, business strategies and technology systems
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.