Essential duties & responsibilities
- Actions and oversees all direct shipment-level communication between Hellmann and carriers, vendors, and customers (i.e. delays, arrival notices, shipment status inquiries, billing discrepancies, etc.)
- Acts as senior product subject matter expert when communicating with internal and external parties
- Ensures all client requests are within established scope of services and that all services conducted are invoiced to the customer.
- Manages and addresses all escalations in regards to file profitability – audit and identify files with loss or low margin and work with their team members to determine root cause and implement corrective action
- Monitors and ensures accuracy and timeliness of data entry to deliver quality processing.
- Actively pursues feedback from their team members and customers to identify opportunities to increase service levels, productivity, profitability, quality, and business volumes.
- Provides products and management with objective feedback regarding vendor performance levels, escalates issues in a timely manner to ensure best level of service.
- Monitors, assigns, and ensures the resolution of any accounts payable or receivable issues within area of responsibility.
- Identifies market conditions that could impact customers and proactively develops solutions to avoid service issues.
- Maintains service relations with carriers and vendors
- Measures, analyzes, and improves external or internal KPIs for area of responsibility
- Consults with Product Management, Account Management, and Sales prior to agreeing to non-standard services and/or pricing.
- Collaborates with Account Management, Sales, and overseas offices to analyze and develop client volume forecasts to ensure sufficient capacity from carriers and internal resources.
- Identifies client trends (volume drop or increase) and escalates as necessary
- Performs back-up for desk-level Seafreight Import Agents during periods of high volume or when staffing requires – during vacations, leaves of absence, etc.
- Organizes and conducts daily huddles / team meetings to share information, set priorities, and discuss recurring issues.
- Responsible to ensure all assigned full time and part time employees are trained, certified, and re-certified periodically on internal and external standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements
- Validates product staff understand and comply with customer and company standard operating procedures.
- Measures employee performance and provides regular informal and formal feedback within area of responsibility.
- Conducts regular employee performance review meetings and sets performance goals to drive employee development.
- Manages staffing levels based on business development, peak volume periods, department performance metrics, and employee vacations.
- Assists management by proactively providing input on talent acquisition, re-assignment, demotion, and promotion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum five years of experience in the seafreight import field
- Previous supervisory experience preferred or one to two years of team lead or import training experience
- Completion of any industry related course is an asset
Knowledge, skills & attributes
- Organizational skills
- Time management and prioritization
- Adaptable / flexible to high-pressured environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
- Proficient in world geography, shipping documentation, and Incoterms preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English in order to present information to customers, management, and subordinates in a professional setting
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, and other percentages
- Analytical skills / problem-solving ability
- Leadership skills – able to train, coach, and develop subordinates
- Salary offer ▵ USD GBP USD Month
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Schiller Park