The Seafreight Import Coordinator coordinates product shipments ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives. The employee serves as a liaison with customers, vendors, and government agencies in all seafreight import activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for all shipment-level communication between Hellmann and all customers, carriers and vendors (i.e. delays, shipment status inquiries, arrival notices, billing, etc.)
• Escalates all recurring carrier / vendor service issues to Supervisor
• Maintains service relations with customers, carriers, vendors, and other Hellmann offices
• Responsible to ensure compliance with all applicable internal and external standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements
• Consults with supervisor prior to agreeing to non-standard services and/or pricing
• Ensures that customers are properly setup and maintained in company systems (i.e. POA, credit application, customer billing profiles…etc.)
• Ensures that customer standard operating procedures (CSOPs) are developed and maintained in conjunction with Account Management and Sales
• Processes shipments in compliance with company standard operating procedures, while complying with customer and regulatory requirements (i.e. Hellmann policies, OBL, Letter of Credit, Cert. of Origin…etc.)
• Performs credit check prior to arranging transportation
• Submits insurance purchase requests, upon request
• Verifies and confirms any additional charges incurred (i.e. driver waiting time, demurrage, detention…etc.)
• Promptly communicates all additional charges incurred to the customer to prevent disputed invoices
• Responsible to obtain / retrieve the Arrival Notice from the carrier
• Creates Broker Arrival Notice and passes to HWL Trade Services or Outside Broker within KPI
• Dispatches all Hellmann arranged deliveries or communicates necessary information to carrier / consignee for all non-Hellmann arranged deliveries
• Sends Customer Arrival Notice
• Collaborates with Trade Services to arrange inspections, when required
• Ensures carrier and CFS are paid and have all required documentation to ensure timely availability / release of freight
• Enters and updates all required milestone tracking events within area of responsibility
• Performs other duties as assigned
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or equivalent work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
• High School Diploma or GED
• One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
• Completion of any industry related course is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
• Organizational skills
• Time management and prioritization
• Adaptable / flexible to high-pressured environment
• Interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
• Proficient in world geography, shipping documentation, and Incoterms preferred
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, and other percentages
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Frequently required to stand, and walk
• Regularly required to sit for extended periods
• Regularly uses arms to reach, hands and fingers for computer and phone use
• Speaking clearly and listening for heavy phone contact
• Requires close-up and computer screen distance vision ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar to those of an office setting with various office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.