The Seafreight Export Coordinator coordinates product shipments ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives. This employee serves as a liaison with customers, vendors, and government agencies for all seafreight export activities..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for all shipment-level communication between Hellmann and all customers, carriers, and vendors (i.e. delays, billing, new shipment requests, shipping instructions, etc.)
• Processes shipments in compliance with company standard operating procedures, while complying with customer and regulatory requirements
• Performs credit check prior to arranging transportation
• Places and processes customer booking requests in accordance with customer service level agreements and established routing guides to maximize profitability
• Proactively schedules bookings for recurring customers to ensure adequate truck and vessel capacity
• Dispatches all Hellmann arranged pickups or communicates necessary information to shipper / carrier for all non-Hellmann arranged pickups
• Submits insurance purchase requests, upon request
• Secures all required commercial and regulatory documentation and validates that all documents are valid
• Ensures all related addresses / contacts are entered and checked for DPS (Denied Party Screening)
• Sends the shipping instructions to the carrier prior to cut-off
• Verifies and confirms any additional charges incurred (i.e. driver waiting time, demurrage, detention…etc)
• Enters and updates all required milestone tracking events within area of responsibility
• Creates the Master Agent Settlement / Profit Share Invoice
• Archives any additional documentation not already scanned and audits the file for accuracy and completeness
• Promptly communicates all additional charges incurred to the customer to prevent disputed invoices.
• Ensures shipments are transferred to destination office timely and handles communication with destination
• Escalates all recurring carrier/vendor service issues to supervisor
• Consults with supervisor prior to agreeing to non-standard services and/or pricing
• Ensures that customer standard operating procedures (CSOPs) are developed and maintained in conjunction with Account Management and Sales
• Identifies noticed client trends (volume drop or increase) and escalates as necessary
• Maintains service relations with customers, carriers, and vendors
• Monitors customer profitability and escalates pro-actively to product and sales management to ensure that quoted services and pricing are adjusted to achieve profitability
• Performs other duties as assigned
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
• High School Diploma or GED
• One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
• Completion of any industry related course is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
• Organizational skills
• Time management and prioritization
• Adaptable / flexible to high-pressured environment
• Interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
• Proficient in world geography, shipping documentation, and Incoterms preferred
• Proficient written and verbal skills communication skills in English
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, and other percentages
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Frequently required to stand, and walk
• Regularly required to sit for extended periods
• Regularly uses arms to reach, hands and fingers for computer and phone use
• Speaking clearly and listening for heavy phone contact
• Requires close-up and computer screen distance vision ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar to those of an office setting with various office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.