When you join Kuehne + Nagel’s trade office in Downtown Detroit, you will be playing a critical role in the global supply chain. You will be responsible for ensuring world-class management of sea freight shipments. This will include overseeing Sea Import and Export shipments from beginning to end.
- Keeping meticulous files related to all sea import and export shipments you are responsible for.
- You will be collaborating with Kuehne + Nagel employees in our more than 1,300 offices globally.
- Constantly challenging status quo when it comes to process improvement and cost control.
- Processing all files within given SLA’s while adhering to all KN policy and procedures.
- Leveraging Kuehne + Nagel’s latest technology for sea freight operations, finance, and communications platforms.
Your skills & experiences
- No freight forwarding experience necessary.
- A self-starter attitude with an aspiration to learn the freight forwarding business from a company that’s been doing it since 1890.
- Ability to communicate professionally via e-mail and telephone.
- An obsession with customer service. You won’t be satisfied with anything less than perfect.
- Attention to detail to ensure all files are processed within Kuehne + Nagel’s set standards.
- A desire to work in a state of the art, modern, collaborative environment where teamwork is critical to your everyday success.
- Ability to be flexible sometimes needs change, and team members need to be adaptable.
- Strong computer skills. Specifically e-mail, chat, internet, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Detroit