Sea & Air Freight Operator
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Member of Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) – Annual Bonus (Tax-Free) for Employees
Training & Development Opportunities
Based in Lichfield (WS14 9DT) although currently working from home/remotely
Espace are a very successful Freight Forwarding company and is the only Employee Owned freight / logistics company in the U.K. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a driven and excited team and help us to develop our Sea & Air Freight offering. The role will ideally suit someone with a Sea & Air freight background. Experience in other modes of transport will be an advantage but not essential. You would be joining a stable team, bring a fresh pair of eyes into the Team, increase capability and capacity and benefit from development opportunities.
We are offering a great opportunity to grow within a modern, forward thinking business. Hence we would like an upbeat, motivated, tenacious character looking for a career in freight.
A little bit about the company … we are not a vehicle filler, but a vehicle finder! We act as a ‘middle man’ between customers and hauliers, providing a top level customer service. We specialise in general forwarding by road to UK and all Western and Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and worldwide destinations by air and sea.
Here’s the wordy bit ….
To provide additional operational assistance to our Sea & Air Freight Manager, allowing further development of Espace’s Sea & Air freight offering with existing and new customers.
Responsible for the delivery of operational activities, in accordance with targets set, to contribute to achievement of the company vision and overall business objectives, reaching targets/KPIs set year on year. Consistently perform to high quality standards.
Overall Responsibility and targets
Your main responsibility will be the completion of important daily operation tasks predominantly for Sea & Air freight.
- Organising the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods for Air and Sea imports and exports
- Handling worldwide Air and Ocean import/export services on a start/finish basis
- Handling import/export quotations
- Maintaining and establishing good client relationships
- Liaising with customers, overseas agents and shipping lines
- Import/Export documentation
- Taking bookings
- Keeping customers advised and updated at all stages of the import/export process
- Invoicing and administration
- Rate negotiations with providers
- Air and Ocean import/export experience gained within a freight forwarding environment (minimum 2/3 years)
- A good knowledge of Air Freight and Ocean Freight Import/Export procedures and documentation
- Strong knowledge of Air and Ocean documentation
- A clear and confident communicator
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- An in-depth knowledge of shipping company/line destinations
- Contacts within shipping lines and with agents abroad, add to our existing contacts
- Good ongoing relationships with named people at shipping lines
- Be fully conversant with all associated documentation and the various costs
- Ability to train / mentor others on handling sea freight and imparting relevant information / knowledge
- The ability to attract work easily, both LCL and FCL
- Ability to set up procedures
- Helping to create a Sea & Air Supplier section for our Ebible
- Help to source new contacts and form new partnerships.
- Assist in marketing activity to promote the service by email, mailshot, calls
Skills, Interests & Personal Attributes
You will need:
- Spark! Hunger!
- Focus on results and willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- To enjoy working with customers, therefore great with people, relatable, humorous, charisma, ability to quickly develop relationships, therefore being memorable
- Flexibility and quick thinking.
- Tough Negotiator
- To be well-organised and thorough, even under pressure.
- To enjoy working within a target-driven team environment – Be a team player
- Good drive and energy
Working for an Employee Owned business requires its co-owners to be team players. Strong communication and organisational skills will be needed as will an ability to prioritise and manage high workloads at times. Attention to detail is a must as is the requirement to deliver excellent customer service.
Our Company values are PURE: Professionalism, Unity, Respectfulness and Enthusiasm. Although customs experience is desirable, candidates who can demonstrate these qualities will be of interest to us too.
If you feel you have what it takes to fulfil this role, please email your CV with a covering letter stating why you think we should invite you for interview. Please also state your current salary or salary requirements to our HR Consultant applying through this platform.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 5th March 2021
(APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AS THEY COME IN)