This is a fantastic opportunity to join DSV, committed to providing quality, innovative, value add logistics services throughout the UK. The role of the Sales Representative is to win new business and work to agreed budget targets and also work as an integral part of the Sales Team with responsibility for generating new business opportunities and account management that will produce desired revenue goals.
To win new business and work to agreed budget targets, strengthening our market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and securing new business by closing the sale. You will develop and maintain the employer’s services to existing and potential clients ensuring a profitable return for the company in accordance with company procedures, operational procedures and statutory requirements, including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and ensuring the profit of the company
- Actively promote and develop the client’s services within a defined region
- Complete sales reports, manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in the CRM system
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures
- Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by your Manager
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times to enhance company profile
- Provide statistics / analysis as defined / required
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of competition and marketplace activity, reporting back any trends or developments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A results orientated, hardworking, self-starter who has a good understanding of the Logistics industry with strong closing skills
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive and negotiation skills
- Excellent processing & time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistent
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
ABOUT DSV CAREERS
Do you want to be part of something 56,000 times bigger than you?
That’s how many colleagues you’ll have on a journey towards connecting the world and making your mark.
We believe that people are able to achieve their potential if they take ownership of their own career. That’s why we’ll give you every opportunity to do just that.
People are at the core of who we are – the drive, talent and devotion they bring to the table every day are what make DSV the exciting place it is. It’s a dynamic and fast-moving environment with rapid decisions at every level – where ambition meets teamwork in an effort to face challenges, succeed, move forward and make a difference. We care about your opportunity to influence the path of your career, whether you want to advance locally or look for adventures abroad. With a massive global reach and offices in more than 80 countries, the opportunities are plenty.
If you have the right drive, the right talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore the reach of your potential.
We are freight forwarders, salespeople, accountants, forklift drivers, IT engineers, specialists and countless others – and we all made the choice to forward our careers.
Join us and forward your career at DSV.
- Transport and Logistic Sales: 1 year (preferred)