Responsibilities of the position include
- Responsible for the growth of air and sea freight sales.
- Sales solicitation of prospective customers in DACHSER core market in Western Europe.
- Identifying and properly qualifying business opportunities.
- Inputting and updating sales activities by utilizing the in-house CRM
- Continually developing and maintaining existing customers.
- Communicating closely with customers and DACHSER operations to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results, including SOP ownership.
- Directing operational issues to the correct operational owner.
Requirements of the position include
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 3-5 years of freight forwarding sales experience.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required. Position will interact with customers by phone, email and in-person frequently.
- Professional demeanour, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
DACHSER USA offers a generous compensation package which includes a competitive salary & car allowance, aggressive sales bonus and comprehensive benefits.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Valley Stream