- Salary Offer up to £24k
Based: Lichfield, Staffordshire (WS14)
To handle incoming new business enquiries and build / grow new accounts in line with the overall business objectives. Consistently presenting Espace values and looking at every new enquiry as an opportunity.
You will have responsibility for the entire sales process, from intelligence gathering / dealing with incoming enquiries / prospecting through to negotiating, securing and account managing for the initial 12 months of a new clients Espace experience.
- To generate new sales, linked directly to the current business plan. Focus and drive to achieve targets.
- Respond to incoming enquiries from our website, via LI, telephone and email.
- Source your own business leads and act on those provided by Sales and Operations Colleagues as well as using other tools given.
- To identify sales opportunities. Profiling all new business to understand intricately how we can support with freight / customs.
- Effectively present key features of our services to secure new business. Describe the product / service benefits and any special offers or promotions.
- Gather and document information about the customer using Active Campaign (CRM). Enter your notes into the database, schedule dates for follow up, visits etc. Ensure all client details are fully completed including marketing information.
- Take orders and arrange for relevant Freight Account Manager to make contact. Take decisions as appropriate.
- Work flexibly, mainly in the office, (at home during the pandemic) and external client visits within the UK where appropriate.
- Focus on results and willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure client expectations are met at all times.
- Work closely with other sales staff to achieve team target.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in selling freight or customs.
- Experience of sales and market development.
- Close liaison and working with team colleagues to achieve end goals.
- Generating rates for regular / spot quotes, follow-up calls.
- Customer service.
- Client dispute resolution.
- Ambitious and motivated to work towards a target.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong IT and admin skills.
- Good overall knowledge of European / UK / Global freight industry.
- Good with people, relatable, humorous, charismatic, professional, ability to develop relationships quickly.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Good drive and energy – self-motivated.
- Drive for Sales
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Initiative & Taking Ownership
- Building Relationships
- Emotional Resilience
- Technical Expertise & Professionalism
- Impact & Influence
- Collaborative Team Working
- Customer Service
- Organisational Awareness
If you feel you have what it takes to fulfil this role, please email your CV with a covering letter stating why you think we should invite you for interview. Please also state your current salary or salary requirements to Tara Warner, HR Consultant [firstname.lastname@example.org]