We have an exciting opportunity for a ROUTE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to design and establish a plan to achieve targeted market share for the Intra-Americas ocean trade route. This position can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Analyze the OFR FCL and LCL market at country level, determine DHL market share and help establish a Route Development strategy for the Intra-Americas ocean route in order to achieve targeted and profitable volume growth
- Provide input to Trade management and OFR Product on local market & capacity development and manage implementation of rate programs on the Intra-Americas ocean route
- Drive business development activities for High Value Targets, select CT led RFQs with strategic importance for his/her routes and work with stakeholders to get the right pricing solution
- Support and/ or execute procurement for specific named Accounts at CT level, for specifically designed and priced solutions
Skills / Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of DHL Global Forwarding products, services and applications
- 5-7 Years freight forwarding experience, ideally in ocean freight.
- Previous experience with Intra-Americas ocean trade route
- Ability to manage various projects/tasks across cross-functional teams
- High degree of organizational, administrative and communication skills
- High level of experience in MS Suite
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work autonomously
- Bilingual English / Spanish speaking