What do we do?
Rhenus offers a great variety of different services: transport, transshipment and storage of goods and products as well as a comprising value-added services. Operating as part of a global group encompassing over 31,000 employees, you will have the opportunity to be part of a large family-owned group benefiting from a global network of diverse skills, services and resources.
Rhenus UK is experiencing an extended period of growth as a result of our continued business success and growth through acquisition. With locations spanning the UK the services we supply are vast from global air freight to local home delivery.
What we are looking for?
Our employees are at the heart of what we do and as Rhenus is geared toward nonstop growth. That opens up long-term prospects in a wide variety of functions-from logistics and project management to IT and finance and controlling.
Contributing your own ideas and solutions? That is your ticket to success in any of our business units. We love a problem-solving, no-fuss attitude, and we also encourage openness, fairness, teamwork and a collegial approach. Individual initiative and a can-do mindset are just as much a part of the Rhenus DNA as stability and farsightedness.
These are the qualities that keep us-and you-moving forward. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you are looking to take on, then please contact us to find out more.
Working in conjunction with main Maldon hub – the responsibilities will include but are not limited to : –
· Acquire new business by way of a consistent outdoor presence, structured & targeted appointments along with follow up and cold calls. Reporting back to main hub to align with commercial / customer solutions department and hub management.
· Existing client base development, maintenance and retain the assigned sales portfolio as well as an active sales pipeline respecting the set targets and regional goals.
· Ensure the achievement of the company’s strategic commercial objectives
· Identification, follow-up and control of potential targets. Extend the information received from each business contact for possible upgrade / added value which includes IT solutions.
· Promote and develop services within a defined region
· Establish a personal sales agenda, manage their own pipeline reports in accordance with company procedures
· Recording of sales activity in companies CRM system
· Customer quotations and customer tariff management
· Identifying new business and cross selling opportunities
· Achieve given targets as directed by management
· Ensure company compliance in all areas
· Implement new business with key stakeholders within the organisation
· Maintain appropriate knowledge of the competition and marketplace
· Any other tasks deemed commensurate with the role
Key Competencies and Skills:
· A results orientated individual who constantly challenges themselves to exceed expectations
· Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of a business
· Good negotiation and persuasive skills
· Time management skills are essential
· Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Education and Experience:
· Must demonstrate employment within the freight industry of more than 3 years
· Track record of achieving sales targets and objectives
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £8.91 per year
- Road Freight: 3 years (preferred)
- Sales / Business Development: 3 years (preferred)