The position of Operations Rep will be responsible for meeting the customer’s transportation requirements working in a regionally aligned team environment. Duties include processing customer orders, modal analysis, tendering freight to carriers, and day-to-day troubleshooting. The position involves all modes of transportation, i.e. less than truckload, truckload, intermodal, and airfreight.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide expertise and resources to coordinate ship points as assigned.
- Interface with various groups as needed to create or redefine existing processes, including general logistics analysis of freight lanes.
- Engage in modal selection from small package, airfreight, direct ship, truckload, and intermodal transportation.
- Considerable dialogue with many organizations within and outside customer (vendors, carriers), including participation meetings.
- Operate within a team environment, to include, joint decision making problem solving and accountabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent GED preferred, prefer a minimum of an AA Degree
- Minimum 2+ years transportation/logistics experience, preferably in operations or a call center environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- PC proficient
- Working knowledge of shipping modes, including Drayage LTL, TL, Airfreight, Consolidations, and intermodal.
- High level of attention to detail