To ensure that the warehouse operations are effectively and efficiently managed in order to meet and exceed both the customer’s requirements, by reviewing commercial rates, site resource plan, building cost models, budget preparation and analysis on all contracts productivity data to generate reports to support continuous improvement programs of the site. The Operations Analyst Manager is a key member of the Regional management team, working very closely with the General Managers, contract managers and operation managers.
Primary Purpose Of The Role
Reporting to the Regional Director, Operations Analyst Manager has overall responsibility of supporting the operational management team by providing operational analytical data for DSV Solutions East/North Region. The manager is a key member of the Regional team team working very closely with the Key Contract and General managers to improve the performance of the Region The Regional Operations Analyst Manager will play a key role in new business set up within the warehouse, by working in conjunction with the business development team to ensure there is a transparent and an independent validation of all warehouse activities with a view of building a comprehensive cost model for our businesses.
Key accountability areas
- To ensure the efficient and effective achievement of all warehouse operational targets and key performance indicators as required for each customer via a good analytical data and provision of reports to support continuous improvement programs.
- To ensure that the warehouse management team are motivated by having the relevant data and reports to enable them to contribute effectively to maximise accuracy and productivity.
- Overseeing the site resource plan, site budget builders, cost models for all contracts, reviewing customer yearly rates and provide data analysis to support the operational management team by incorporating lean methods. Work in partnership with site Finance Manager to ensure all operational hours/forecast/activities reflect the budget in SAP.
- Promoting the good name of DSV Solutions (and its associated companies within the DSV Group) by adopting a professional approach always. Ensuring that there is regular communication through team briefings with all employees within the warehouse in order that they are made aware of national and local developments affecting the Company.
- Responsibility to promote, support and implement the site continuous improvement program/s.
- To support the Key Account Management team in delivering a successful warehouse operation, by contributing and or attending various customer operational/contract reviews.
- To contribute to the preparation of and meeting the targets set within the site budget and annual business plan.
- Work in partnership with Regional Finance Managers to review weekly and monthly results in line with the relevant data to ensure site results are met and provide mitigation with supported data.
- The above list of accountabilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and is not intended as a list of individual tasks. The role holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected commensurate with the scope and grading of the role.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
- Ensure Company business is treated in the strictest confidence and not disclosed to persons outside the Company.
- Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are always maintained and promote a good image of the Company
- Maintain and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, to be aware of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System, OHSAS18001 and to appreciate the responsibility you must adhere to the respective procedures.
- Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system ISO 9001:2008 and adhere to the respective procedures.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping through observance of relevant Company policies and ensure that work areas are secure and locked when unoccupied.
- Where appropriate challenge and determine reasons for presence on site of any unauthorised person.
- Attend any development training as required in compliance with the Company’s commitment to the Investors in People standard.
Education & Qualifications
- 4 GCSE’s or equivalent
- 2 A Levels or equivalent
- Degree Qualified
- 2 years of a Warehouse Management and or 2 years of an Operational Management role
- 12 Months of Continuous Improvement Experience (Lean/Six Sigma)
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong Warehouse Leadership, ability of achieving and exceeding operational goals.
- Strong ability to promote and enforce group policies (Code of Conduct, H&S etc)
- Strong presentation skills and good customer management
- Good analytical skills
- Supplier negotiation experience
- Successful implementation of a continuous improvement culture.
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Ability to lead and motivate direct reports
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- High organisational skills, ability to plan and manage own time
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
- Full Driving License
What We Can Offer You
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- A chance to work in a busy international business environment
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
- Potential yearly bonus based on company result and attendance
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.