- Lead and manage overall operations (route planning/capacity allocation) and performance of AFR Export Gateway Team
- Drive Procurement Strategy & Negotiations (Rate, Space & Capacity) for air cargo exports with Carriers out of ATL Gateway to ensure best buy rate.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and improve performance for our customers
- Ensure optimization of network procurement and implementation of all consolidation opportunities
- Escalates local carrier performance issues to local suppliers to Key Account Manager’s and Carrier Management when required
- Provide support to local AFR export (Operations, Aircraft Controlling Custodian, Customer Service) teams for costs, transit times, and routing options
Skills / Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of Air Freight product, Gateway, & Warehouse Operations
- 6+ years Air Freight / Warehouse operations experience with 2+ years supervisory experience
- Strong Leadership & Management skills, ability to coach and develop staff (succession planning)
- Exceptional Communication and Presentation skills (Microsoft Office products)
- Strong business acumen and data mining/analytical skills
- Knowledge of the OAG & TACT rules and Export Regulations
- Dangerous Goods (DG) Certification Preferred
- BA/BS Degree Preferred
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Chicago