- Salary Offer $ 50,000 - $ 65,000
Position Project Freight Forwarder / Coordinator
Direct Line Reporting: Manager Projects Department
Purpose of Position
Primary duty is to Manage & Assist with Ocean Projects (Out of Gauge) Import, Export & X-trade
transactions, including all related activities, for an assigned base of accounts or Specific Large
Project. Assist with duties related to Quoting, document preparation and traffic coordination
required to process any Type of shipments.
- Handle Projects Shipments from A to Z (Import / Export & X-Trade)
- Includes but not limited to: Quoting, Booking, Document Issuance, Reporting, Billing,
- Coordination, Export Customs Clearance (AES)
- Communicating and Coordinating with Internal and External Customers
- Prepare Quotations in coordination with Manager Project Department
- Procure Buying rates from Air & Ocean as well as Domestic Carriers.
- Close files and distribute documents in accordance with pertinent requirements and in
- compliance with export standards.
- Communicate with clients, co-workers, and supervisors in a clear, concise, and timely
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
- Adhere and meet Company defined KPI`s such as on Billing, Documentation, closing etc.
- Advise department Supervisor or Manager of any transaction problems or irregularities.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines, such as the Code of Conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendance requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- the Ocean & Domestic Projects industry
- trends and opportunities
- markets (customers, competitors, suppliers, overall environment)
- procurement and Management for ocean freight, including service & Charter (full or Part Charter) contracts
- business administration
- supplier management
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Very good verbal communication skills and past customer service experience are required, as work includes extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties
- Very good written communication skills to compose routine letters / E-mails and to edit and proof business correspondence and reports.
- The ability to organize, prepare, and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing, spreadsheets etc., to generate more elaborate reports, charts, and graphs as applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Very good communication skills
- High integrity
- Very good problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to multi-task
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to be a team player
- The ability to establish priorities and meet goals
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or Higher.
- A minimum of 3 years’ Experience in Project Freight Forwarding, international transportation industry experience preferred
- IT experience regarding Ocean freight operations systems and MS Office
- Knowledge of CargoWise 1 of advantage
The main focus would be Ocean Import / Export & X-trade, preferably 3 to 10 years’ experience.
Salary: Subject to experience / Knowledge etc. – is negotiable – basic range is 50 – 65K, If very qualified / experienced incl. supervisor or manager experience also a bit more possible.