Do you have a passion for selling technology solutions to small business customers? Are you looking for an internship program that will provide you with the opportunity to make an impact at a Fortune 500 global company? C.H. Robinson’s Product Specialist internship integrates you into a team of full-time product specialist professionals to help analyze, research, and qualify current and prospective customers to determine which accounts to target for a new digital technology platform!
Alongside your mentors, you will work to help determine the best approach to promote and drive adoption of the technology platform. As a brand advocate you will provide proactive customer outreach to introduce the platform utilizing multiple approaches including phone calls, emails, texts, social media, etc. This rotational internship program is looking for self-starters who brings enthusiasm, ambition, and an entrepreneurial spirit to the role.
Our internship program provides you with the opportunity to make an impact at a Fortune 500 global company. You’ll help some of the world’s most diverse and prominent companies move their products around the world. The supply chain industry is evolving faster than ever before, and you’ll be in the middle of the action, gaining hands-on business experience. This paid internship will begin with an interactive onboarding program where you’ll learn more about C.H. Robinson, our technology, processes, and culture. Interns are integrated into our teams, giving you the opportunity to learn first-hand from logistics professionals.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in the Kansas City, MO where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Analyzes customer database and other lead channels to identify ideal customers for the platform
- Conducts proactive outreach to showcase digital platform to targeted customers and drive adoption
- Engage with users of the digital platform to understand their experience and help uncover and document trends
- Communicate key points of feedback and themes to team members
- Support key metric reporting and analytics to provide transparency and insights of performance
- Work along-side industry professionals to learn internal business processes and supply chain best practices
- Build strong relationships internally across teams and externally with customers and carriers
- Learn and apply skills across multiple areas of the transportation and logistics industry, including but not limited to sales, operations management, and transportation information systems
- Undergraduate education at a Junior or Senior level (pursuing a business, sales, marketing, supply chain, communications, or related major is a plus)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Sales, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong critical-thinking skills; ability to assess and evaluate information in real-time
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.