The Sr. Director, Regional P&O Business Partner (RBP) for Air/Ocean acts as the strategic sparring partner for the Head of Air Americas and the Head of Ocean, Americas Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develops and drives regional Air and Ocean P&O strategy to reach the business objectives and ensures prioritization on P&O initiatives that create business value, aligned with the global and regional P&O strategy
- Facilitates and drives the implementation of strategic organizational planning to align strategic business initiatives with future needs around org design, workforce supply and readiness, employee engagement, leadership and skills
- Analyses and processes business requirements for regional P&O solutions and services (e.g. P&O strategies, concepts/tools, initiatives) by promoting BU-specific characteristics to regional P&O and defining their impact on existing P&O services
- Ensures regional business understanding and acceptance of new/adjusted P&O concepts and initiatives by involving, informing and enabling relevant business stakeholders fostering a translation of global CoE concepts into a BU-specific context
- Facilitates development and adjustment of P&O core activities such as total rewards, performance management, management of talent and succession, learning management, organization management and P&O communication
- Identifies and drives implementation of P&O solutions (e.g. talent assessment, team effectiveness, resourcing etc.) that will enable an effective and high performing Air and Ocean organization and drive future readiness
- Leads, develops and oversees processes and topics related to employee performance enhancement, effectiveness and efficiency
- Facilitates learning and organization management as well as P&O communication
- Works with executives to identify and source best fit-to-role people in executive and key positions and drives identification, development and readiness of promising talents with expert support from the Global Centres of Expertise
- Implements and progresses with regionally relevant P&O KPIs for the Air and Ocean Business Units
- Applies change management methods to navigate the Business Unit towards sustainable implementation of change processes
Deliverables & Achievable
- The RBP sets the regional P&O strategy for the Business Units (BUs) and has a shared responsibility in achieving the business goals of the Air and Ocean Freight organizations regionally.
- Acts as strategic interface between the P&O community and the respective regional division functions and aligns requests and business needs with Centers of Expertise (CoE) and regional P&O stakeholders.
- Is a supporter and executer of BU-specific P&O products and services so acting as strategic enabler and initiator with clear business focus.
- Strategically manages relevant core P&O processes, acts as business consultant and facilitates planning and execution of global and strategic business-owned initiatives and projects.
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills
- At least 10 years of experience as P&O professional, thereof at least 5 years leadership experience
- Profound experience as P&O Business Partner for a large business
- Experience in a complex matrix organization setup
- Excellent strategic skills and proven ability to derive a strategy from customer needs and implement it successfully
- Profound experience and expertise in the development and implementation of “state-of-the-art” P&O tools, covering strategic org planning, recruiting, leadership development, succession planning and talent management, employee experience and compensation & benefits
- Very good stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong results orientation combined with a hands-on mentality and a “can-do” mentality
- Dynamic personality with a high energy level and the ambition to drive things further
- International working experience
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Miami