- Salary Offer 20k to 30k
We are currently looking for an animal-loving, dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join our team of pet travel experts, PBS have been relocating pets all over the world for over 10 years and we pride ourselves on exceptional customer care and delivering a high-quality service to each and every one of our clients.
The vacancy is within our ‘Pet Export’ team at our Crawley branch. Working as part of the pet exports team, your main role will be arranging the relocation of animals from the UK to anywhere in the world.
As a pet travel specialist, you will be required to provide advice, prices and information on all aspects of pet travel to potential new clients, as well as making bookings and planning the pet’s journey from start to finish.
The position would involve:
- Providing quotations, information and guidance to clients wishing to relocate their pets
- Communicating with customers on a daily basis both over the phone and via email
- Familiarising yourself with airline requirements, standard industry procedures and destination country rules and regulations
- Making flight bookings with airlines and preparing travel documentation
- Liaising with third parties such as boarding kennels, veterinary practices etc.
- Meeting clients and their pets Key skills required
- Communication – A key part of this role is liaising with your customers and colleagues. It is essential that you have the ability to successfully communicate with a vast variety of individuals via both telephone and email
- Cope well under pressure – we need someone who is pro-active and able to think on their feet
- Excellent organizational and time management skills- you will be running your own desk and looking after your own customers, so it is vital that you can plan and manage your workload effectively
- Attention to detail – This role comes with a large amount of responsibility! You will be responsible for organising a pet’s relocation from start to finish and it is essential that every aspect of the move has been planned for
- Dedication- Pet travel is an extremely sensitive service. This position requires someone who is committed to providing a high level of customer care and compassion at all times, and someone who is willing to go above and beyond to exceed a customer’s expectations
- Confidence – As pet travel specialists it is our job to provide reassurance and install confidence in our customers. You must be able to convey a positive, professional and caring attitude when dealing with clients face to face, over the phone and via email
- Animal Lover – It is important that you have a love of animals or even better, have pets yourself. You must be able to use your experience with animals and pets to empathise with your clients and show an understanding for any concerns they may have.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Outlook (Microsoft Excel would be an advantage but not a necessity)
- Previous experience in the pet travel/ passenger travel/ freight industry would be beneficial but not a necessity
- Competency in English grammar, spelling and general literacy
- Full UK driving licence preferred
- Previous experience working within an office environment is preferred