- Salary offer ▵ Up to $ 90,000
Our client is a multinational, dynamic freight logistics company with approximately 400 employees and growing, has international offices, as well as offices in key US cities. Established in 1965, they have grown to more than 30 U.S. offices and 250 network locations in over 120 countries around the world.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing both Air & Sea freight departments. The supervisor will evaluate current processes and make adjustments and improvements as needed to ensure operations is aligned with corporate goals, quality of service and branch level KPIs are achieved. Responsibilities include all aspects of transportation, including thorough communication with office/agent, customs and the client, and quality follow-up of import shipments, both internally and externally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages, oversees, and performs supervisory tasks associated with all air and ocean shipments.
• Defines, implements, and monitors services in cooperation with management.
• Works with internal departments (Gateway, Warehouse and Trucking) as well as external partners (Airlines, FDA and Customs, federal agencies, overseas agents, etc.).
• Ensures good working practices, safety, and security for customer shipments and staff.
• Monitors, records, analyzes, and reports on all import activities and provides results and recommendations relating to these services.
• Hires, coaches, trains, and develops subordinate staff.
• Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes.
• Reviews and evaluates existing quality control procedures to include compliance with applicable local regulations / authorities; approves or rejects all procedures or specifications impacting operational processes; performs necessary investigations when required.
• Prepares customer and agent quotes utilizing the company’s quote module.
• Coordinates and arranges shipping freight with Overseas and US agents and partners.
• Handles all documents related to shipping freight, including: set-up files for pre-alerts received, maintain customer updates, preparation of documents for Customs clearance, select and dispatch trucker, arrange delivery to customer, process payables and billing in our accounting system, check status on shipments, check PODs and charges, tracking cargo from origin to final destination, follow-up shipments for final ETA date.
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Expertise:
• General knowledge of freight forwarding.
• Strong time management and organization skills and ability to work well under pressure.
• Effective and professional oral and written communication skills.
• Computer literate with strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and proficiency in Excel and Word.
• Analytical skills.
• College degree or equivalent business experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience in freight logistics company.
• 2 -3 years customer service experience.
• Candidate must be legally eligible to work in the US
• Medical-including Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Accounts
• Dental plan
• Life & AD&D
• Long Term Disability
• Company matching 401(k) and Roth K Plans
• Two weeks’ vacation, sick and personal time, floating holidays
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Minneapolis, MN