Operations Supervisors are the front line operating authority and are responsible for the day to day operations/activities in the warehouse. They provide supervision and direction to all operations and floor employees. They ensure that all operations schedules required by the customer are met 100% of the time.
- Responsible for day to day operations activities in the warehouse.
- Meet customer requirements; ensure productivity levels are reached in an effective and efficient manner and maintaining quality performance objectives.
- Provide supervision and direction to all operations and hourly employees.
- Follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for administrative activities, development/monitoring of KPI and implementing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide on-site management and company representation to the customer.
- Create and implement cost savings through LEAN initiatives.
- Responsible for operational progress and customer/employee relations.
- Responsible for staffing, training, and administering discipline.
- Enforce Collective Bargaining Agreement where applicable.
- Ensure safe and healthy workplace and address compliance issues, implement and maintain safety and compliance procedures.
- Complete daily reporting of operational/quality requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Essential Requirements
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Transportation is preferred.
- At least two (2) years supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in Transportation/Logistics and union environment is preferred.
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to train, motivate, coach and counsel others.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with customers and employees.
- Exceptional problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, planning, and organizational skills are all required.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in demanding environments with tight deadlines.