Are you known for your leadership skills? Are you passionate about coordinating logistics activities? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to oversee transportation and customs processes, providing customer service for shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products in accordance with federal and foreign regulations.
What are you going to do?
- Develop and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Provide responsible supervision and control for all departmental activities.
- Assist in the retention and training efforts of staff and of customers.
- Conduct meetings with staff to assess group’s overall status, discuss ideas for improvement and inform staff of new developments.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies.
- Oversee performance statistics.
- Review and monitor shipment documentation for accuracy. Examine various documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products.
- Compute duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported/imported to and from foreign destinations.
- Communicate with customs officials as appropriate to obtain release of incoming freight and resolve delays.
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service standard for customs clearance operations as dictated and allowed by applicable regulations.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently administered.
- Identify areas of concern in clients’ import and export processes through monitoring of team performance against company and client standards, regular audit of shipment documents and accounting, and periodic client reviews.
- Communicate with operations manager regarding progress and problems or issues.
- Maintain flexible work schedule include outside normal business hours and after hours on call rotation.
- Effectively participate in and/or supervise department projects related to assigned area of responsibility.
What are we looking for?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED, Minimum four years related experience. Minimum one year supervisory experience; Bachelor’s Degree in International Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Finance or related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of work experience and education. Three years of industry experience preferred.
- Credentials: Working knowledge of ITAR, Import Brokerage, Export Compliance, Hazmat Regulations and recordkeeping; Some professional certifications may be required.
- Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Characteristics: Ability to allocate work assignments; Proven experience in problem analysis, presentation of alternatives and implementing solutions; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Louisville