Operations Specialist – Seafreight – GB11136 99 views1 application
As a member of a team in a Control Tower, you will be dedicated to a key and global account. You will be managing global operations (mainly sea freight, but also road freight and air freight) and the supply chain for the account from certain specific countries, ensuring that the standard procedures are respected globally by the suppliers and by the local Kuehne + Nagel offices. You will be testing your customer service skills in a very demanding and challenging environment, where the relationship with the client is a long term one based on trust. Your focus will be to proactively adjust the global supply chain in order to minimise the number of issues/escalations to the Control Tower: “The perfect order is the order that we don’t even see”. Ideally you will have a sea freight background, even better if in an Export department.
- Coordinate mainly sea/road/air freight shipments, using transport management systems.
- Check orders received from customer for data completeness & format: ensure the order transmission is checked against required data elements to determine if critical information and elements are present and if the formats are according to expectations.
- Handle exceptional freight requests and organise special transport requests, receive and respond in time to customer requests. Track and provide investigation results on deviations to the customer according to the agreed scope.
- Be the first point of escalation for any global issue. Detect and analyse deviations, including responsibility identification (internal or external), root cause and corrective action.
- Request premium freight authorisations (spot quotes), and manage the contract variations/freight costs disputes and claims.
- Participate in weekly meetings/calls internally, with the Kuehne+Nagel local offices, with the customer and with their suppliers.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives to improve the global supply chain.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Demonstrable experience in either freight forwarding or transport planning, vehicle and capacity planning with a key focus on Sea freight transport – ideally you will have experience of Transport Management Systems and will have a general understanding of statistics and data relating to these.
- Strong customer Service orientation and able to communicate clearly and effectively – an ability to take action to solve problems, communicate effectively and work on your own initiative in a team environment.
- Capability to work with, understand and execute new processes.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office, especially Excel.
- Good understanding of customer quality standards and a respect for confidentiality.
GOOD REASONS TO JOIN
In return for your commitment, we are offering a fantastic opportunity within a successful team where you can use your excellent customer service skills to shape and influence the future of this prestigious account. In return for your commitment, we offer a competitive salary, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 after 5 years’ service). In addition, we offer a contributory pension plan, private medical insurance and life assurance and our Route 2 Rewards scheme offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street and internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.