- Salary Offer £35000 - £48000
Location: St Albans
Job Title: Key Account Manager/Operations Manager
Main Function of the Role
This position forms part of the existing Operations team. It requires the jobholder to manage a proportion of the top 10 clients. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of each of the client requirements, calculating and negotiating AIR, ROAD and SEA spot quotations and managing the freight bookings from collection through to final delivery. To build relationships with the Existing clients both over the telephone and face to face and deliver a high standard of customer care at all times. To meet with key suppliers to maintain the most advantageous rates. To participate in the fortnightly operations management meeting and contribute to the overall efficiency of the business.
- Manage the day to day key client account requirements.
- Manage the day to day export and import bookings of Air, Road and Sea Freight jobs. (Primarily Sea Freight)
- Raising Job files and all of the appropriate operations paperwork.
- Processing jobs through AZYRA freight forwarding software system.
- Customs entries using the NES system.
- Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
- Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
- Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service information.
- Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues.
- Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base.
- Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
- Invoicing jobs on completion.
If you have the relevant experience and the location works for you then please get in touch with an up to date CV. This is a Office based role FULL TIME.
If you are looking for something a bit different, perhaps in Sales or Management or just a Senior Operations role and we are not already speaking then do let me know, I cover positions across the whole of the UK.