The successful candidate will develop and maintain efficient and cost effective warehouse operations to agreed budget and service targets, whilst ensuring safe and hygienic working environment in line with company and legislative requirements. The site is a freezer warehouse and covers 3 contracts, Waitrose, Solvay and Public Stores.
- Effectively manage the performance of Shift Managers to ensure all targets, KPIs and service delivery levels are achieved to the required standard, through training and coaching. Engage and motivate managers to become flexible in their approach to their duties and retain focus on identifying new initiatives for improvement measured by PDP’s
- Drive change throughout the warehouse to improve efficiency, processes and methods, reducing costs and or introducing enhancements which bring operational benefits, whilst maintaining excellent customer service measured by KPI’s
- Develop departmental budget and gain commitment to targets, budgets and plans so that changing requirements can be accommodated without service or cost failures. Any deviations are identified, investigated and resolved within days/weekly basis.
- Create and maintain an innovative environment that encourages employee participation through continuous improvement, raising quality and effective team working, sharing best practice where possible and communication.
- Manage costs for the department, reporting variances on weekly basis. Effectively manage all aspects of the operation, ensuring on time services delivery by effective use of equipment and resources, measured by shift reports.
- To manage staff absence to achieve / attain absence rates of 4% by working with HR to identify the appropriate case management approach.
- Ensure that Quality, Health & /Safety and Environment and operational procedures are maintained, that all incidents are reported in accurate timely manner to the Shift Manager as per company standard. Ensure compliance of the operation to the quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements.
- To ensure all disciplinary, grievances and appeals or any other employee relation issue is effectively managed in line with Company Policies and Procedures and fully investigated ensuring Company and Legal timeframes are met in all instances.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- O level or equivalent in English and Maths, Moderate PC skills (includes Microsoft word/Excel/Power Point
- Previous warehouse management experience; Fast Moving Customer Goods Retail/Food or similar operational background, knowledge of KPI’s, Resource management;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Basic employment law,
- Strong customer focus,
- Knowledge of the legal requirements applicable to HACCP regulations
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver to set deadlines;
- Team player with proven leadership skills;
- Good workload organisation
GOOD REASONS TO JOIN
We think that this is a great opportunity to support a high-profile centre of excellence, and we are looking forward to reviewing applications from candidates who are committed to success and delivering an excellent service. In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.