What are you going to do?
- Lead, direct and manage inbound and/or outbound site operations to ensure that the operations staff executes service agreements at, or above the customer’s standards.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communication and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
- Manage revenue and expenses to budget constraints.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjust accordingly to ensure adequate staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives.
- Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to all operations’ staff.
- Ensure safety methods, practices and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that freight is being moved in a safe and timely manner utilizing appropriate equipment and tools.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by inspecting and scheduling maintenance and ensuring all office and warehouse equipment is properly accounted for and in safe working condition.
- Manage and oversee administrative functions to ensure all paperwork is processed efficiently and in a timely manner and meets all compliance requirements.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training and quality management activities.
What are we looking for?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED, Minimum five years related experience. Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred or equivalent combination of work experience and education. Three years of industry experience preferred.
- Credentials: Valid state issued Driver’s License; Forklift Driver Certification; Other professional certifications may be required.
- Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Characteristics: Ability to allocate work assignments; Demonstrated experience in managing the financial aspects of a department; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Pflugerville